Tuesday, January 19, 2010

golden globes


anna paquin in stella mccartney, kate hudson in marchesa, zoe saldana in louis vuitton
ashley olsen in erdem, lindsay lohen in brian lichtenberg, jessica stroup in bally


Please find above the only dresses at the Golden Globes that did not cue off a dramatically bored yawn/eye roll combination.

I know True Blood is supposedly amazing blahblahblah, but let's face it, Anna Paquin never really looks that good. Props, Stella. I actually loathe Kate Hudson when she isn't playing Penny Lane in Almost Famous, but homegirl looked stunning in that white Marchesa. Zoe Saldana in Louis Vuitton speaks for itself. Also, I've loved Zoe Saldana since she played that sassy ballerina in Centerstage in like, the 90's. Honorable mentions go to Chloe Sevigny (who always dresses amazing) in Valentino, Tina Fey in a perfectly structured Zac Posen dress, and Calista Flockhart in Alberta Ferretti (random, I know, but I'm a sucker for skeletal frames in long vintage-y dresses).

The afterparty is where shit got decent. Ashley Olsen, I love you, you can do no wrong, and this Erdem is no exception. Keep being perfect xo. Lindsay, I'm still pretty mad at you for taking down Ungaro with your acting career, but I actually am feelin that hooded mini. I guess we can be friends again. Maybe. Jessica Stroup, kinda boring, but LOVE that color. Honorable mention goes to Camilla Belle in Giorgio Armani (but does not beat that Valentino and also that beau McQueen she wore at wherever whenever ago... does anybody else know what I'm talking about?)

All the pastels and strapless-ness made the GG's look like an overly expensive prom. Basically, everyone needs to step up their red carpet game. And if you are Mariah Carey, you should really just step off the red carpet. Sorry.

lovelove,
-Ang

1 comment:

  1. Hello there,

    I have just come across your blog, and it's really cool!

    Please come and have a look at mine too.

    I hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete